Saturday, March 8, 2008

Go Global - or at least across the border.

We had our Missions workshop today at our church! What an awesome, fun time. We got to hear from some that have gone out into the nations before and meet with the teams that we will go out with this summer. The speakers were great and Kim did an awesome job hosting it! I had to put a pic up of my girl Beck being put on the spot. She was asked to stand and tell about what our Children's Team has planned for the children (and adults) of Acuna, Mexico. She did great! I'm sorry the photo is blurry, but I intentionally turned off the flash so that it didn't scare poor Beck and make her lose her train of thought.
I'm so excited about our trip. Carly and I will take this journey together and I know we will come back changed. I already see it happening to us both. This opportunity wasn't mine when I was her age and I'm so thankful that God has blessed us with the chance to go together. He has put amazing people in our lives that support us on this journey both in prayer and financially and we couldn't be more humbled by that! Keep praying for us as we prepare ourselves for this journey and pray for Mike as he prepares for 5 days alone with CJ!

Becky speaking and standing with a true leader - Mr. Mike Davis

No comments: