Thursday, March 20, 2008

Festival

WOW! Carly's school band performed at Festival yesterday and what a performance! Normally band concerts are not my thing. Never know the songs and the judges do not like for me to dance. I'm more of a karaoke girl! :) But yesterday they played like I have never heard them before and did an amazing job. Their scores were not high enough to make it to district competition, but I am still so proud of Carly and that group. Because Carly is only in 7th grade, she had to try out to be a part of Festival. That's typically a priviledge for 8th grade students and we are so proud of her and her friends! Here's a snipet of their performance. I wanted to get this of Carly. She plays by ear (but don't tell her music teacher!) so she sings the tune. That's why she's biting her lip or her mouth is open! haha She's "la-la-la-ing" to the beat......

My apologies for the shaky video. I was struggling with the go-go gadget camera!
If you have about 2-1/2 mins, here's the entire band playing their last song. They are so awesome! (and tiny, sorry but there were so many!) Mr. Barbay, you rock!

Kudos to the dude playing the aluminum pie plate. You can't see him, but it was cool! Sounds like a whip, but its a pie plate.

1 comment:

carly said...

WOOOOHHHOOOOO!!!!!!!! even though we made 2s' we did good...we just needed not to try to be good. that is what made us not good was to try and be good. we good?
tehe...