Friday, September 12, 2008

Sights around town...

Carly and I decided to get out this afternoon. Mike's got a cold and not feeling well, school was closed because of the threat of Hurricane Ike and our serving at church was also cancelled, for the same reasons. So, out we go to get our "out of towners" some pics from around our town. These sights are becoming all too familiar....
This is a shot of some National Guard troops hanging out at the fairgrounds
(never get tired of seeing them....they're cute!)Power Trucks....Praise God for the power dudes!

And this guy. I just thought this was funny. I'm sure the owner didn't find it funny, but I guess he knows now not to park under a tree during a hurricane!

2 comments:

Shhh! Its me! :) said...

Hee hee! I have a friend who is praying over her neighbor's tree. It is poised to fall on their house - if the right wind comes along. It was loosed and leaned by Gustav. I told her to put her car under it!!! At least the Car doesn't have a "Named Storm" deductible!!! ;)

Lesley said...

I have BEEN wanting to take a pictue of that truck with the tree on it, but it never fails that when we pass it... I don't have my camera!! Maybe today I'll go do it!!