Friday, September 12, 2008

Round Two!

Here we go again. Last night we waited for about 30 mins in a line of cars to get gas. During the night our power went out, but then THANKFULLY came back on, now we wake up and our tarp has blown off. Thank you, Sir, may I have another. We are still very blessed! The kids got to get in a few days of school this week (Tues - Thurs) and were off again today due to Ike. We are expecting high winds and crazy rain with possible flooding (not particularly our house, but our parish could). So....I set up the ladder and tried to get on the roof to fix the tarp, but our ladder is too short.....will just have to wait on the professionals. Here's a picture of it now.

I have been helping serve meals to about 800 National Guard and Policemen this week. It has been awesome and yesterday I actually worked beside a lady that flew in from Seattle just to help us out. What amazing people you meet during times like these. So, its time for me to get ready to head out to serve more meals. I'll try to remember my camera today so I have pics of that to post. No worries, I'm not doing the cooking, just the serving! much love!

1 comment:

Shhh! Its me! :) said...

I didn't realize you guys got damage! Sorry about your roofs booboo!!! Is it bad?