Monday, June 23, 2008

Today was no different ...

....than any other. We started with swim team.....oh dear, swim team. I'm getting a little tired of 8am swim team. But we did it. Got in the car to leave and she won't start. Same issue that Cj and I ended up walking home from, but this time we were already home. Praise God! So we get in the jeep and make swim team. Then run to Ethel, LA to my girl Melissa's favorite store in the world, FS Williams Country Store, and pick up my new girl. (see previous post) Then back home to give the 'ol H3 another try. She starts, so I grab Cj and we head to the dealership to drop her off. After figuring out its the switch, they put us in a rental and we get home. While on the phone with my bff Paula, Mike comes home. I'm standing outside, on the phone and tell him to run and get Cj. He does and we all look at the biggest snake I've seen in a while! Cj grabs it while I grab the camera. I snap a photo.
Then Cj puts it down. Mike, (wanting me to take several pics to make sure we got a good one), grabs the snake again to hand it to Cj. Well, either Mike is not quite the snake handler Cj is, or this snake is not having a good day, well......view the rest of the pics at your own risk....

Mike seems to be doing ok. I don't think it was one of those poisonous ones. If it was, we'll know soon enough....just kidding, you guys. It's not poisonous, just painful. One thing I can say about my family is that we put the "fun" in dysfunctional!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That is insane!!! You should have called me to go with you!

Lesley said...

Yikes!!!!!!! I can't believe y'all aren't scared of snakes!!! I have a... ummmm...hmmmmm.... snake phobia - to put it mildly. I would have passed out right there if that had happened :-)

Unfortunately, we have found a few snakes out on our patio this spring. THANK GOD (and I don't mean that jokingly!!) they were already dead courtest of our kitties... but, I still wouldn't let the kids go back outside for at least a day or two. Your gang is wayyyyyyy braver than me :-)

Rational? Nope. But, that's how I roll ... LOL!!!

carly said...

ya'll are weird!!!! but that's why i love ya...i guess. hahaha!! just kidding! :)