Monday, June 16, 2008

Back from Camp

Well, this past weekend was my turn at HPC Kids Camp! What a weekend. I have never been to one of those camps except for a day excursion to help where needed. This time, I had the privaledge of going and helping our girl, Kari, with directing the camp. It was amazing! It was alot of hard work, but Camp Istrouma was beautiful and our group of about 100, 9-11 yr old kids was awesome. We had two unbelievable church services, compliments of Pastors Tyler and Crystal Tullos. They hit the ball out of the park each night! Got a picture of Crystal during her illustration of how some of us are being held back from the race God has set forth for us by holding on to our "floaties".The Pathfinders Band got us started each night with awesome praise and worship! They really rocked the house and of course all the fun at the pool, the lake and the Amazing Race challenges provided me with the realization that I'm not (as Beck says) a spring chicken anymore. I'm suffering this morning with a little "whip lash" from the blob. Its a big, blown up, mound of terror at the lake. You jump on it from about 50ft up, then scoot to the end (which proved to be a task for me!) then someone about 50lbs heavier than you jumps on the opposite end and it launches you off into the lake. Well, I neglected to tuck and my old neck bones weren't expecting such a jolt! There was the zip line and a 100ft slide, all of which I took part in. Yeah, I'm going to the store for some Ibuprofen a little later, but I can't wait til next year!

1 comment:

carly said...

yay mommy!!! i'm so proud!!! hahaha!!! i miss you guys soooo much and hope yall have fun mwhile i'm away. i'm gonna be home soon!!! love you!!!