Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Makin' memories

This is my good friend RJ. (we'll get back to her in a minute) You see, after swim practice this morning, Cj and I decided to run some errands. I had to run to the bank and then take some product to the post office to mail. We got to the bank and we went inside (which I never do). We stayed a few minutes and then came out.....to a car that wouldn't start. So I grabbed Cj and said, "Come on - let's go home." He was all for it.....we locked up the car (that wouldn't start) and headed home. On foot. Him in his coonskin cap - just like DBoone would have done it. Only being a couple of miles from home, it just seemed like the thing to do.
During our trek home, Cj and I saw a frog, lots of bugs and a nice Police man that waved as he drove by. But then, just as we were crossing the railroad tracks, we see this beautiful woman that looks so familiar! She's smiling and pointing - almost waving! Then my cell phone rings. It's RJ! She said, "Why are you and Cj walking on the road?" So I told her and she did offer to come back and get us - just as we were walking into our neighborhood. So, I declined her offer and we made it home safely. I called the dealership and they sent out roadside assistance. Cj and I took Mike's Jeep back to the scene and waited. They got their very quickly (really!) and boy were we all surprised! The dealership sent "Pop A Lock" - you know, the guys that open the car when you lock your keys in it! We laughed and he offered to help anyway, but when I tried the key, it cranked right up. I felt like such a "girl"! So Cj and I get back in the Jeep (since it looked like rain and the top was off) and left my car there (again) by herself. Promising to come back when Mike got home to get her! Cj said, "Mom, are we going home, now?" I said, "No. We are going to McDonalds. We deserve it!" Cj said, "Yeah, we walked home in the hot sun, got our feet muddy, and got laughed at by your friends. Which, by the way, I wouldn't be friends with anymore!" It was so funny.....but RJ and I are still friends. It's all good and my car is now safely at home. Because of our unexpected day of making memories, we are all getting ready and going out for dinner. I love my husband!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Taco Bell, here we come!!