Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bittersweet Day

The Great Mouse Hunt is officially over! This morning, I went to the pantry to grab a box of cereal and was surprised to see the mouse caught in the sticky trap. You see, Cj had grown fond of having a mouse around. If you remember, he wanted it captured so that he could keep it in his room. I tried the humane way, but with no success. Since we haven't seen him in a while, I just kinda forgot about it....until about two weeks ago, I saw, achem, evidence of his little crumb crunching self and I put out sticky traps - one under the sink and one in the pantry. This morning, he was got. I yelled when I saw him and Cj had to look. I warned him and provided all the parental guidance I knew how, but he had to look. I took a pic for my readers but its so sad. (so to protect "Jerry's" dignity, I will not post it)
Any way, Cj insisted on a funeral. Which we did. It was a private viewing and service. Cj wrote the epitaph and said a silent prayer at the gravesite so it was all done right - like Cj said, "Just like John Wayne would have done." And he's probably right......

5 comments:

Carole Turner said...

aw. I love the head stone!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your loss, but with gas prices being $4/gallon, it was not right to have a non productive memeber living in your house.

Melissa said...

Well, ole John Wayne knows how to do things and I'm glad to see CJ following in his footsteps. Does he know what to do with a yappy poodle?

Season Broussard said...

Landri is having a pretty good week. A couple of episodes but no blood shed...so that's a good thing. I think I missed your invite to Paula's bday, but I was busy doing absolutely nothing that night anyway...so thanks. j/j :) You did not have to go there with the " I miss Carly" post. It made me cry...as if I wasn't already missing Taryn enough. Glad the mouse trouble is over. Oh and CJ was so quiet the night RJ had him. We barely knew he was there. I got excited when I first saw him there. I thought y'all had joined our group.
love you.

Cindy said...

Sorry about the party, Season. But I didn't plan it. I was simply there as a guest. Nothing but love here! :)