Monday, June 23, 2008

She's home!

No, not Carly. You see, last Thursday evening, Mike had a couple of tickets to the CCA (Coastal Conservation Association) banquet. To make it fun, he and Cj brought me along. It actually turned into Mike took me to make sure Cj didn't get into trouble! It was nice, though. They had good food and alot of really nice people that I knew already, so it was good. To keep him occupied, I gave Cj a crash course in "silent auction". During dinner, Cj went missing and when he returned to the table he said he had been to the restroom. Long story short, when it was all said and done, Cj had bid on a CCA logo adjustable belt and a stuffed redfish pillow. Both of which Mike had to fork out some cash for. At least it was for a good cause. BUT, when it came time for the drawings, I was ready. Blue tickets in hand, I was sitting on the edge of my seat. One number called....."OH! NO!" yells a guy from one of the back tables. He won the table of items that he helped donate, so he declined the prize and donated it back - so they draw again - on the edge of my seat again......next number is called - immediate reaction "IT'S ME! I WON!!!!" Ya'll, this country girl don't win often but this prize was the mother load. A table full of goodies but the granddaddy prize.....a HOT pink, Ruger .22 long rifle! Pics for you to see.....she's BEAUTIFUL! We picked her up today. I don't care who you are - she's beautiful! She will be Carly's once she completes her hunter safety course......