Thursday, January 10, 2008

Me? Hunt? Nahhh.....

Ok. So the day after Christmas we packed up the kids and drove to my Aunt's ranch in South Texas. I was all keyed up for some "down" time and Mike had other plans. He loves to hunt. He loves everything about it. The cold weather, the camping, the campfire (the more smoke the better). Me, I'm more of a Holiday Inn kind of hunter. I like fires, but prefer them in a nice brick fireplace. And there is not much good I can say about cold weather except it supposedly kills bugs. I'm just a spoiled, country girl. But, I decided to give it a try. At camp before the first hunt, I made my plan public. I was going out there, kill as much as possible, as fast as possible and then be able to enjoy the "down" time mentioned earlier. And basically, that's what happened. The first evening, I laid down two pigs. Neither of which were found until the next morning. Mike found them while I was all nice and cozy in my sleeping bag. (in front of the heater). He also saw an 8-point buck while hunting that morning, and let him walk with hopes that I would get out of bed the following morning to hunt. I hunted the evening and saw very little.

I did get up the next morning to hunt and so did Mike's 8-point buck. While he crossed the road I remembered my plan to lay down as much, as fast as possible and took him. My first thought was I hope I hit him so I can get back to camp and go back to bed. I guess I'm not the best hunting partner, but I did hit him and from 175 yds was told that it was a fairly decent shot. It only went straight through his heart. Oh well......better luck next year.

Much love to Aunt Diane and Uncle Stanley and ALL the Moore's - and of course, South Texas.....

Footnote: Lipgloss is Mary Kay Nourishine Beach Bronze and nails are by Regals Nails...... :)



3 comments:

carly said...

You just got lucky!!! THUUUUUUUH!!!! That is how you spell it!!!! I think...?

carolines said...

go mrs cindy so welcome to the blogging world!!!

love ya
cara

Gabby O. Jo. AKA ms.jonas! said...

Hey aunt cindy!
gabby. and like wats up?!?
my mom told me that u shot that stuff but i never have actully looked at the pics.
so like i made my mom come c ur blo and she was like...
oh my gosh!
so yeah ill tlk 2 u ltr i guess!

-love ya!

Gabb.