Saturday, November 29, 2008

Super Saturday

We are still in holiday mode since my family is still here. I love having them in our home. We have laughed and played so much its really been wonderful. Today was no exception. We started out early. Mike and Billy were up early (like, 4:30am) early to go deer hunting at the camp in Clinton. The rest of us got up at a normal hour, ate breakfast and then loaded the car with some snacks and headed up to meet them for lunch. It was a blast. The girls had not been, so it was fun to show them around. It started with a ride on the 4-wheeler. The river was so inviting, I thought it would be fun to cross it with me driving and Carly, Caitlin and Grace along for the ride. Once we hit the sand....it was all over from there. It sank. Like quick sand. So funny. Carly there in her cast, trying to jump off before we went under. Caitlin trying to help her, but sinking herself and Grace.....just held on. Never said a word. That's my Grace. Here's Mike coming to our rescue with the winch to pull us out. Everyone had gotten off when the sand was covering our feet. Thanks, Mike!

After that, we decided to stay on the road. Carly rode back to the camp with Mike. Grace walked. Caitlin was looking for trouble. She jumped right back on and she and I rode through some standing water that soaked us both. Then I got Grace back on and she and I took it down the road. We rode back into the woods a little bit and had a great time just riding. When you are with Grace your time will be quiet, but amazing. On our way back to the camp, I pulled over to let her drive. She wasn't sure because she had never driven before, but with my skills, (haha) I had her driving in seconds. Here's a picture of us just as we pulled back up at camp.

Grace, Carly and Caitlin just after being rescued.....

Mom and Carly posing by the fire pit. Mom is working the camo!We got home and I had to get a shower and head to church to sing. Mom went with me. It was nice. I led worship for my kids and Mom sat in and loved every minute. Our children's church (ages 6-11yrs) is so much fun. It's high energy, high entertainment and full on church - but on their level. We sang and had a blast and then my friend, Andrew got up to get his preach on. He's an amazing volunteer at our church that told me tonight that he leaves in a few days for somewhere I've never heard of. I don't know, somewhere in the Persian Gulf, but either way he will be missed. The kids love him and so do us adults. He will be protecting our country from the outside, so say a quick prayer for him as he lives out his dream and answers his call. Here's Andrew talking with the children....Then after church, I came into the kitchen to over hear Caitlin and CJ discussing something very important, I'm sure. Not sure what the topic of conversation was, but they were definitely up to something...Our day rounded out, yet again, with the Wii. CJ challenged Billy with another round of boxing. I'm not sure what makes grown adults think they are still in high school, but even my sister and I got in on it. CJ beat Billy and then I boxed my sister and FINALLY won. She used to beat me up when we were kids and I finally was able to come back. J/k...she's awesome and I'm so glad that she was able to come out to visit. I miss her when we are not together.On a sad note....our fish died today. Or at least that's what I thought. I'll let you be the judge. I tried to prepare CJ by telling him quietly that I needed to talk to him about the fish and as I brought him to the bowl, I calmly told him that I think the fish is dead.

Cj's reply...."Nah! He's just bored."

No comments: