Sunday, November 2, 2008

BRDC Family Fun Day

Today was awesome. It actually started last night at Highland. Carly and I went to the Sat night service to worship with the kids and have a blast with all the excitement. Then got up this morning to head to the inner city. We love it there! Everyone is so awesome. I have some pics but they were taken with my phone, so they are kind of dark. You get the idea though.....Volunteers on Winbourne Avenue in front of the church. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Gustav blew down the "Winbourne Avenue Baptist Church" sign in the background. I believe it was God's way of preparing the sign to say "Healing Place Church, Baton Rouge Dream Center"!
Paula holding a precious little girl that I held all during the service. Her name is Valencia and she is the sweetest thing!
One of my favorites.....Malik. His smile will melt your heart! I love this kid!
Two of my good friends working it at the popcorn machine.....how much popcorn did we give out? 5,000 bags (is what it felt like) but it was all good......kids had a blast!
Pastor Craig Boutee - cutting hair! What an awesome pastor! He can get his preach on and he cuts hair! This guy is everything! Amazing!
It was a terrific day with (according to Carole) about 600 of our closest friends in one of the worst crime areas of Baton Rouge. But today it was just God and the people of the community coming together to have fun and leave their worries behind...and everything was free! Clothes, hotdogs, snow cones, hair cuts, manicures, face painting, popcorn and church! That's Healing Place for you....that's how we roll......

No comments: