Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for so much. But not just today....everyday. Thank you to all my friends and family. Thanksgiving is actually my favorite holiday. I love all the food and usually most of my family is together to eat it. This Thanksgiving is no different.....we had my Mom....an amazing woman whom I admire, my sister - yet another amazing woman whom I also admire, her two daughters, Caitlin and Grace, who I'm sure will be amazing when they get out of their teen years, and my sisters good friend, Billy (an amazing man for driving all those girls all the way from north GA to south LA!) They drove in late yesterday (Grace's birthday) and got here just in time to celebrate before midnight. I had her a cake all ready and as soon as they got here, we sang and ate cake. The girls always like to pile up together, so Cathy brought her air mattress and they gathered in the living room to sleep. This morning, we got up and started cooking at 6am. I got the turkey and the cornbread in the oven to cook then Cathy got up and after a quick trip to the store for pie shells (yes, I forgot pie shells), we threw together a ham, some sweet potatoes, beans, cornbread dressing, pumpkin pies, chocolate pie, some mashed potatoes and gravy. Most of which is resting somewhere between my hips and my thighs. But its worth it. Paula stopped by while out visiting her family. She is so awesome....my Mom has decided to adopt her into our family since she just fits right in with us and our dysfunctional-ness. Anyway, our day is winding down with a little Texas vs. Texas A&M on tv...... I am thankful......
Mike carves the turkey.....
CJ shows Mr. Billy how to bowl on the Wii and the reining champion of Wii bowling is defeated.... :-(
Caitlin and Carly - best friends and cousins. Caitlin is 6months older, and Carly is 2 feet taller. They are awesome!

No comments: