Friday, November 28, 2008

After Thanksgiving rush

We are having a blast with my family here for the holidays. Thanksgiving day was wonderful with tons of food and fun. Besides our air conditioning going out, we've had so much fun!.
This morning, Mike and Billy got up and went shopping. Believe it or not, they headed to Cabela's at 6:30am to grab some bargains. Then we took the kids to the movies to see Bolt in 3D. Mom stayed in the theatre with the kids while I took Cathy and Billy to Hobby Lobby! That was fun. I helped a total stranger select wrapping paper and then we left. We all met back at the house and using leftovers from the previous day, I made a gumbo while Cathy and Billy made cookies and snacks for everyone. (um...still no a/c but Tony's working on it!)
Today I was able to snap a quick shot of Grace...my neice....She is so precious. Caitlin and Carly and typical teens and typically loud - they even text loud....but Grace is so quiet and her spirit is just so sweet. She's alot like me.... :) She just turned 12 the day before Thanksgiving. She is just so awesome....
They also brought their dog, who Winston hasn't figured out yet. His name is Sammy. He's really cute and sweet. He is a true lap dog, where Winston is more of a cat. Or maybe like a rabid squirrel? I'm not sure, but it works for us.

Yes, this is Winston. He's sleeping on the couch. Sammy wears him out chasing him around the house to play.

No comments: