Thursday, November 6, 2008

Awesome Wednesday!

Yesterday was awesome....well, with a few exceptions! Started out fairly normal (which around here is anything BUT normal!). I got the kids off to school and then returned home to get some painting done. (I'm trying to get a fresh coat of paint on the baseboards....) Around 10am, Cj's school calls and he's in the office sick. So I put the paint brush down to run and get him from school. Get him home only to find out that it wasn't that he felt bad....but more that he just felt like not staying at school. Struggling not to just take him right back to school, I decided to finish out my Wednesday with church. I love Wed night services, because I have the honor of leading worship for the Kids in Action team. But last night was different. Amy Poche' was there. I have a link to her blog on my blogroll. (His Heart for Orphans) Love Amy! She is my "she-ro". She is an amazing woman in my life that along with her husband has adopted several children from several different countries and they are amazing. She spoke to the children about adoption and encouraged them to pray for each child out there that needs a forever family. It was great. It really warms my heart to know that I am a part of a church family that truly has a heart for adoption and embraces and encourages it. Amy did an outstanding job speaking to the kids.....I'm so proud of her!

Amy reading and sharing a book with the children about adoption....

Amy with three of their adopted children, Zoe, Rose and Asa.....

2 comments:

carly said...

She did an excellent job!! I loved that book too! It was cute!! hahaha And her children are adorable!! They've adopted all of their children except for one huh?

AdoptedAsHisOwn said...

Cindy!! thanks for such the kind words!!!!! I was honored and humbled to be able to teach that Wednesday night! I loved it and hope to do it again in the future!! You, Mrs. Sherrie, and Becky do an excellent work with the HPC kids! You could just feel their excitement.

Thanks to you too Carly! two we birthed but Asa's adoption felt like I birthed him!! LOL