Thursday, December 18, 2008

Busy Thursday

Today, Carly went back to school. Wow! A huge accomplishment. She's doing great! Came home a little tired, but other than that, she's great. (even though she's making a funny face!)
After getting the kids to school, I sorted through some gifts, wrapped what was not wrapped, made a list of any last minute gifts and headed to the church to serve. What an amazing site! I was asked to help sort gifts into boy/girl categories and age groups. For the past few weeks, at our services, we have been collecting toys for children in the inner city and who are less fortunate. Can I tell you, our church is a giving church! They represented! We sorted thousands of toys. Toys for boys, toys for girls, toys for babies, toys for teens.....it was crazy, but in an amazing way. I can't wait until this weekend when we get to bless a child with a toy. Its going to be so cool!
Then, CJ came home with a list of things he needs for his Class party tomorrow. (yes, tomorrow)So, we made cupcakes tonight. We made birthday cupcakes. I know its Christmas and all, but its also his birthday, so we're making birthday cupcakes.

So, some time, between sorting toys, wrapping gifts and making cupcakes, I get a picture text from Paula. She and Becky pretty much know me as good as anyone, but this one got me. The subject of the text was "Wanna go?". So I was mortified when I opened the picture, and it was this....Ever since I was a small child, I have had a horrible fear of birds. Any kind. Ducks, chickens, live ones, dead ones. Its so strange, and I'm at peace with that. Fair's are kinda creepy to me anyway, but to add birds???? ON PURPOSE???? Someone is just sick. I'm sure this would be a great time for someone, but not me! No, Paula, you are on your own with this one!

3 comments:

Steve said...

Hey Cindy!! Its Steve K. up in Tennessee.. Been talking to Mike via email several time recently. He put me on the blog. Seem like eternity since we have seen you guys. Just wanted to wish you guys a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Kids sure have grown up fast by looking at the blog!!!

Cindy said...

Hey Steve! Great to hear from you. Hope your family is all doing well! Keep checking back,the blog changes as our life does-quickly! Keep in touch and I hope you have a safe and happy holiday!

Kelly said...

We have a Christmas baby too! We sent cupcakes the week before school got out so he still had his own special day!