Sunday, August 31, 2008

Storm update!

Mom, Cathy, Kevin and other out-of-towners......this is preview of Hurricane (what we call "Himacane") Gustav. Some of you have been wondering about our weather. Here you go....
This is our house about an hour ago. Looks safe enough.... These are the trees in our front yard that just may give us some trouble......
These are the clouds in our back yard. Fluffy, but looks are deceiving......This is our neighbor's house. Looks like they got out of town! No kidding. They taped up the windows and ran for the hills! (we may wish we had!)
We decided not to evacuate so we are prepared to stay home. We have two generators and plenty of fuel. We have a portable air conditioner so when we lose power we can still be relatively comfortable. We have a pantry full of food and plenty of bottled water but one thing that got used before I noticed.....Diet Coke! I completely ran out of Diet Coke. Here we are in the ninth hour before a major hurricane, dubbed the hurricane of the century and I'm out of Diet Coke. So, off to the store I go......this is what I found.......my local Winn Dixie - storm doors closed!
My local Wal Mart! All boarded up!
Overpriced convenient store - boarded up, but open! Whew! And I thought this was going to be a rough week! I'm ready now......

We will probably lose power sometime during the night, but I will keep taking pics and post them as soon as possible! Much love to you all! Prayed for the best but prepared for the worst.

No comments: