Monday, August 25, 2008

It's my birthday....

Ok, so today is my birthday. I'm 39.... Just another day, really. Mike's off to work, kids are off to school and I'm off to the laundry room. It's all good, though. I have an amazing life. (dysfunctional, but amazing!) This past weekend, the boys (Mike and Trent) loaded up and headed to the Bristol race. So, Paula and I loaded up the kids and headed to my favorite place to visit, San Antonio, TX! We had planned for the beach, but with TS Fay coming to visit, it just didn't make sense. So, with some quick planning, we headed west. I love SA. Everything about it. The people, the river, the food (definately the food!). But it was great. I got to see my Uncle Stanley and Aunt Diane. They are awesome. I was hoping to hook up with my birth father, but he was out of town with his church. I did get to meet my new nephew, Neil. I got to go by for a quick visit that was just enough to make me want to go back again. Neil is so precious! He was quite the snuggle-bug, too. Congratulations to my brother, Kevin, and sister-in-law, Laurie. I can't wait to see you guys again!
Saturday, we took the kids to Schlitterbahn Waterpark, as Kevin puts it, "to get in touch with my German heritage". Being adopted, I'm not sure what I am sometimes. I know its good, but I'm also pretty sure its all mixed up! It was fun, but it rained almost the entire time. Its fine because we were wet anyway, but it was cold. After saving about $40 by purchasing scalped tickets from some girl in the parking lot, we played for a few hours, then headed back towards Houston. We dined at Outback Steakhouse that night for dinner. That's where the picture is from. I was craving cake, so for my birthday, the waiter brought out a huge hunk of death by chocolate. It was good and big enough to split with all six of us. So the birthday weekend was great (Thanks, Paula for treating me like the Queen for the weekend!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Shhh! Its me! :) said...

Happy Birthday precious girlfriend! Hope you had the BEST trip! Would love to see some pictures!!!!

Unknown said...

What are you chewing on? A loaf of wheat bread?

Cindy said...

No. Its a gynormous piece of chocolate cake. It came to the table with the sword stuck in it. When I tried to remove the sword, it picked up the whole cake. It was huge!