Friday, August 8, 2008

School Time!

Carly trying NOT to have her pic taken. But she's my angel. I just HAD to!
Today was the big day. The kids are back in school. We have Sam in high school (a junior), Carly in middle school (8th gr) and Cj in primary school (3rd gr). All teacher introductions went well yesterday. Cj's teacher told him she really has a fondness for red hair. So this morning when I reminded him he needed to be on his best behavior, he politely reminded me that it's ok, his teacher likes red-heads. Apparently he thinks he's got this one in the bag. It's going to be a great year!
He and Carly ride the bus and both have new bus drivers. Cj's is very, um... thorough! School starts at 8:20 and she picked him up this morning at 8:30. Then she didn't get to our house to drop him off until 4:55. (he typically gets home at 4pm) I took a picture of the clock to prove it! She's going to have to pick up her pace a little bit!
Praise God they finally decided what to do with Brett Favre! Poor darling....just playing tug of war with his little soul. I was really beginning to worry!
Tonight was fun. We headed out to Pennington Biomedical Research Center for the big Hot Air Balloon championship. That started up today. We sat and watched the balloons take off and it really was beautiful. The US Army had a tent set up where you could play a video game to rescue a hostage. Cj tried. He did really well....until he shot the hostage. Needless to say, they gave him a nice departing gift and sent him on his way. All in all, a great day. (um, except for the hostage!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

If CJ's Teacher is Melissa Tolson, Then YOU will have a phenomenal school year. She is the best teacher I have ever come across, and she is the most personable and fun teacher I have ever known. Grant had her last year at PBS and LOVED Her.

Lesley said...

Cindy,

Lane was asking me if CJ is still at Oak Grove, or if he is going to the new Prairieville Primary? Apparently, Lane and CJ have hit it off at church :-)

Cindy said...

It is, Shane. Thanks for the encouragement. You are the second person that has told us awesome things about her! Cj seems to really like her, so far!

Cindy said...

Lesley, Cj is still at Oak Grove. We love that school!

Lesley said...

I'm happy that CJ got to stay at Oak Grove. Lane is one of the kids that got sent to the new school. I wasn't happy at all! We love Oak Grove too!!

Unknown said...

Nice pics! I wish I could do so well!

Cindy said...

Thanks Kev.