Monday, July 28, 2008

Winbourne VBS

We made it. Carly and I started out with the Highland campus VBS (Vacation Bible School) singing and serving at all 9 services. Then from there, took a few days to regroup and pack for Mexico. We sang and served 3 days of VBS and 3 days (twice a day) of street ministry in Mexico and fell in love with the children and people of Acuna. Then back last Monday, to wake up Tuesday and lead and love on the children of our Baton Rouge Dream Center campus on Winbourne Avenue. What a blast! With over 200 children at that VBS, it got crazy! We sang and played and had so much fun! There is video floating around and when I get my hands on it, I'm not too proud to post it. I know I can't dance! :) But we had fun, anyway.
Now, we are in the summer home stretch. Sam returns from Italy tomorrow and we can't wait to see her and hear about her trip. Then, the kids start school August 8. Wow! We never went back that early! Such a short summer, but we got almost everything packed in. Only thing we didn't get done, was a trip to San Antonio and a trip to Georgia. Hopefully we can make SA late August and Georgia in October. We shall see...

No comments: