Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Gr8 date and Carly's Home!

First things first...Carly's home. Praise God! Her flight landed today at 1pm and Paula and I got her picked up. Whew!
Back to date night....Mike had some of his co-workers come in from Little Rock and to keep them entertained, we all stayed in NewOrleans Monday night and showed them around the city. We visited hot spots and basically walked the streets and made a big circle back to our hotel. One of the men had never been to NOLA, so he wanted to walk down Bourbon Street just to say he did. It was hopping, as always and he saw more than he ever thought (as did I!). We had a great time and Mike and I got to make a mini getaway out of the trip. Thanks to my bff Paula for helping me find the perfect pair of shoes for my date. See, Paula loves to shop and me, well, not so much! I'm really frugal and really picky, so after several hours of looking for shoes we had decided to leave the mall and try somewhere else. The kids had to go to the bathroom and so Paula took them while I went into one last shoe store. When Paula came back, she found me asking to try on the perfect pair of shoes. She was so surprised (as was I). When I finally made my purchase, she took a picture of me with the sales lady (with her permission, of course) to document the occasion! Thanks to Paula too for watching the C-jonator for us and shout out to Chad for the hook up at the Sheraton! We really had a good time. Here (as always) are pics from the day.

First stop, the perfect pair of shoes - "Thanks really nice shoe lady!"

Doesn't she look like Apryl?

Me and Gracie just after finding the perfect shoes - Gracie is glad!

On our way to find something for lunch - this one's for Melissa!

First stop in NOLA - Felix's Oyster House - "2 doz raw oysters, please!" They were good, but the sign cracked me up - it says "old oysters on the half shell" Sounds yummy!

Me and Mike in front of the gasoline fountain thing at Pat O's. It's behind us, but it's kinda hard to see. And, I was not scared, I just look scared.


It wouldn't be a night in Nola unless you go to Cafe' Du Monde for cafe au lait and beniets.

Um, good!

2 comments:

The Maggio Family said...

you should've shown us a pic of you wearing the shoes!

Cindy said...

I have them on in the picture of me with my husband....hahahaha!