Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

Happy 4th of July to everyone! We had a great one! We had the Smith's over to help us celebrate. We grilled burgers and hot dogs while the kids played, but the high light (other than the fireworks) was Trent challenging Carly to a round of Guitar Hero. So funny, because we all know how good Carly is....I've blogged about it. I have yet to even finish a song, but Carly is the like Guitar Hero, hero! So, not saying a word, we let him challenge her. He played and did well. Then it was Carly's turn. All I can say is, her score was higher than his when she was about half way through the song. He threw his hands up and quit. Pretty good stuff. Then we went to the club and watched their fireworks. (a few pics to share)

Trent is all smiles until Carly takes the guitar......

Carly, Gabby and Gracie - waiting for fireworks Paula and Trent

We had a great day with the Smiths! We love them!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Awesome fireworks picture! Did you take that?

Lesley said...

Uuugggghhhhhhhhhhhhh Guitar Hero makes me crazy!!

My oldest son, Lane, who is 9 just got Guitar Heo for his Nintendo DS. The kids seem to enjoy it so much, I thought I would give it a try. HA!! By the time my brain tells my finger which button to press and where that button is located, it's too late ... I've missed the note already!!

Even funnier is the time I was at my neighbor's house and the hubby was literally rocking out with the TV version. He asked me to give it a try... HA HA!!! Who was I kidding??? I was boo'ed off of the stage with in 15 seconds. I give up!!!!!!!!!

Funny stuff!!!