Monday, January 26, 2009

Fun weekend...

Busy, but fun! Saturday, I had a cancellation on the schedule at church so I went to lead worship for the kids. It was a blast!Carly was also needed to make the announcements - she's awesome on stage. Not afraid to just get up and do it. I love that about her! She ain't scared. Check out Kari (front right) serving it up with a new little boy that's deaf. She jumped right in and helped him to understand our service, even though we don't understand it most of the time! :) We appreciate her and can't wait for this guy to come back to service!
After church, I was going to take Carly and her bff Lily to the movies. It had turned cold and was misting rain so it was nasty out. We got there and I let them out to get the tickets. As I was parking the car, Carly called and said to just pick them back up. The lines were too long and they didn't want to wait outside. So we tried another theater and got the same thing. Long story short - we ended up at California Pizza Kitchen. Carly and Lily - awwwwSunday, Carly really wanted to be at the Dream Center in the inner city. Since I had to sing at Highland, I asked Hope if she could drive her. She did and Carly had so much fun reconnecting with her friends down there! Thanks so much, Hope! I owe you!
Carly snapped this picture of Daniel teaching the children at the Baton Rouge Dream Center. Carly said he did an amazing job and was a natural. Daniel said he was nervous as everything. Believe me, brother! I know. Those children are awesome but very intimidating! :)

No comments: